Selected Epic Failures
|Ozark Highlands Trail3||Feb 1, 2017||1st||85.4/165||32:56||Blog post|
|800-mi Oregon Desert Trail (ODT) speed record attempt1||Aug 29-Sep 6, 2015||1st||371/750mi||9 days||Movie clip|
|Alpine Lakes Grand Tour2||Jul 17, 2015||3rd||66.59/75mi||33:51||Blog post|
|Alpine Lakes Grand Tour||Oct 10, 2014||2nd||67.6/75mi||26:49:04||Blog post|
|Alpine Lakes Grand Tour||Sep 19, 2014||1st||57/75mi||21:55:49||Blog post|
Notes and comments:
- Successfully completed the 2nd ODT attempt in 2016. See more info here, here, and movie series.
- Seth Wolpin successfully completed the Alpine Lakes Challenge in August 2015 in 43h04min. Check out his report: http://sethwolpin.com/2015/08/alpine-lakes-wilderness-challenge. Congrats!
- Successfully completed on Dec 17, 2017, in 70:01:16 (2 days 22h 1min). See report here.
Fastest Known Times (FKTs)
Fastest Known Times (FKTs) are times on a route that someone else has also completed, but you have done it the fastest. You therefore are the current record holder. Generally, only times that are documented somewhere and posted on the FKT forum will be considered by the community.
|Ozark Highlands Trail||Dec 14-17, 2017||unsupported||165mi||70:01:16||Announcement, Report, Movie|
|Oregon Desert Trail||Jul 12-29, 2016||self-supported||750mi||17 days 15 hours||Announcement, Movie series.|
|Octuple Dog Mountain1||Jan 30, 2016||self-supported||59.2mi||17:20:06||Report|
|Nov 7, 2014||unsupported||37.3mi||7:12:50||Report, Announcement|
|Mark O. Hatfield trail||Jun 7, 2015||unsupported||56mi||17:07:08||Movie, FKT post, Strava|
|Hatfield on Steroids – 10 (9) Gorge Peaks||Feb 20-21, 2015||unsupported||72mi||21h28min||Announcement, Report|
|Wilson River Traverse Yo-Yo||Jan 2, 2015||unsupported||45.2mi||8h24min||Report, FKT post|
|Snowshoeing around Crater Lake||Dec 14-15, 2013||unsupported||30mi||20h||Movie, Blog entry|
Notes and comments:
- On Jun 9, 2017, I beat this time and did an additional climb: Report: New Dog Mountain FKT: 9 climbs in 16:24:30. See also OKTs below.
- My time has long been beaten by fast gals and dudes. See FKT board for current records. I think I still hold the unsupported double traverse. See OKTs below.
Only Known Times (OKT)
Only Known Times (OKTs) are times on a route where no one else has made an attempt or no one else has made a documented claim for a record. You are therefore the first and only person who claims the record. The OKT becomes a FKT as soon as someone else completes the route. You may obviously lose the OKT/FKT if the person is faster than you.
|9x Dog Mountain||Jun 9, 2017||self-supported||52.2mi||16:24:30||Report, Strava|
|Oregon's 5 Highest Peaks||Aug 18, 2016||supported||150mi||67h23min||Report, Movie, Strava, FKT post|
|Joshua Tree Double Traverse||Mar 12,2016||unsupported||74.6mi||19:23:37||Report|
|Hells Canyon Traverse: Riggins to Hat Point||Oct 24, 2015||supported||43.3mi||14h35min||Report|
|Mt. Adams-to-Mt. Hood Challenge||May 22-25, 2015||supported||158mi||64h48min||Announcement, Report, Documentary, FKT post|
|Mt. Adams-to-Mt. St. Helens Challenge||Jul 24-26, 2014||supported||85.6mi||38h17min||Report, Movie, FKT post, Strava|
|Quintuple Mt. Defiance||Jan 24, 2015||self-supported||49.1mi||19h35min||Announcement, Report|
|Mt. Defiance to Dog Mt.||Dec 13, 2014||self-supported||41.2mi||9:22:25||Strava, Movie|
- FKT and OKT definition: How To Establish A Fastest Known Time Or Only Known Time
- Supported, self-supported, or unsupported: http://fastestknowntime.proboards.com/thread/19/read-first